Senior Research Performance Analyst
- Full-time position
- Fixed Term contract for 18 months from commencement (maternity leave replacement)
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $99,120 - $113,347 per annum + 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Research Office supports La Trobe University researchers, senior executive, academic leadership, and other administrative divisions to facilitate excellent research outcomes for the University. The Office provides accurate and consistent advice and reporting, as well as flexible and efficient client services, with an emphasis on continuous business improvement. The Office serves to facilitate interactions between La Trobe University researchers and external partners; for example, funding bodies, industry, government, and regulatory authorities.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Lead a range of critical research performance activities including national and international research performance measurement assessments e.g ERA; government compliance activities; benchmarking the universities research performance; and using tools and methodologies to identify emerging trends in research performance to inform research strategy.
- Use judgement and strong analysis techniques to develop insights and make recommendations that support planning and decision-making in research strategy.
- Integrate information from a range of business areas and liaise across the university with academic and professional staff to prepare submissions to rankings agencies; provide analysis and advice on international research rankings; and lead the implementation of the institutional rankings’ strategy.
- Undertake analysis and modelling to determine key factors affecting performance.
Skills and Experience
- A degree with substantial extension of the theories and principles, learned through experience; or postgraduate qualifications with extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Experience or understanding of the university research performance and rankings environment.
- Demonstrated high-level quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, with the ability to work accurately with attention to detail, with capacity to prepare high-quality reports and documents.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, and the ability to determine client or end user information requirements and deliver reports and recommendations.
- Demonstrated leadership and team supervision experience.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Tuesday 5th October 2021
Position Enquiries: Isabel MacNeill, Tel: 03 9479 1342, Email: I.Macneill@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.