Project Manager, Assessment for Graduate Teaching
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $75,289 - $102,163 (Level A)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Part time - 10% super
About the Melbourne Graduate School of Education
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is a global leader in teaching and education research, offering challenging courses, world-changing research and contemporary learning spaces.
About the project
The Assessment for Graduate Teaching (AfGT) is an approved Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA) instrument developed and implemented by a consortium of Australian higher education providers that have Initial Teacher Education (ITE) faculties or schools. The University of Melbourne is the lead institute of the AfGT Consortium, and the AfGT Management Team resides within the Centre for Program Evaluation (CPE) in the Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
For more information about the project, please refer to: https://education.unimelb.edu.au/research/projects/assessment-for-graduate-teaching-afgt.
About the role
Applications are invited for the role of Project Manager (Research Fellow) Assessment for Graduate Teaching (AfGT). This position will be responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the Assessment for Graduate Teaching (AfGT) project.
This role provides an opportunity to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders including AfGT Consortium members located across Australia and contribute to a range of research in relation to the AfGT.
As the successful candidate for the Project Manager position, you will hold tertiary qualifications at the Honours/Masters level in the disciplines of education, educational research, education evaluation, teacher education or education assessment and be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the conduct of research or evaluation projects with various stakeholders;
- Outstanding organisational skills including experience in project management, budgeting and budget tracking and tracking project progress;
- The ability to supervise and support team members to meet project objectives and results within set timeframes;
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills, including data analysis and interpretation; and
- Experience with data analysis software such as SPSS, Stata and/or NVivo would be well regarded.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- Working for one of Australia's top Universities;
- Growing your expertise and innovative thinking in an environment that leaves an impact; and
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment.
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your complete application will include your Cover Letter, your address of the selection criteria and your CV.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Position Description: AfGT Project Manager PD.pdf
Applications close: 06 Oct 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time