Workforce Planning Analyst
The Department and role purpose:
People are the most important asset of Durham University and our HR Department is pivotal in ensuring that we attract, recruit, develop, reward and retain the very best talent from across the world into our University community. Building on our bold and ambitious University Strategy, a key role of HR is to secure the University's strategic aim, 'to be a world leading employer' by ensuring that our staff can reach their full potential. The HR Department plays a lead role in creating a working environment for our staff (and potential staff) which is supportive, stimulating and informative which provides for creative and innovative employment practices and opportunities. Our aim is to make sure that Durham University is a great place to work.
- Oversee a workforce which can effectively and efficiently deliver the University Strategy;
- Attract, retain and reward the very best talent for every role in the University;
- Develop colleagues at every level to ensure that staff are supported to realise their potential and understand their contribution to the University's goals;
- Make sure that the University has an increasingly diverse workforce and that all staff are demonstrably valued, engaged and treated equally and fairly; and
- Promote the well-being of all of our workforce.
The purpose of this role is to produce accurate and timely workforce information reports to support the business planning process, workforce planning activities and statutory returns across the University. The post holder will support and improve the quality of workforce information with the maintenance, administration and security of data held on the computerised HR/Payroll system.