Research Fellow, Advanced Manufacturing
- Full Time
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS), invites applications for a Research Fellow position in the research group of Assistant Professor Wang Hao.
The group is committed to bridging technological gaps in the advanced manufacturing field of ultra-precision machining by establishing fundamental physical phenomena observed in experimental works and numerical findings.
We are seeking a self-motivated candidate to enhance the quality of research in the fields of ultra-precision micro-/nano-cutting. He/she should possess interest in at least two of the following mentioned research areas: -
- Micro-cutting of metals and brittle materials;
- Phenomenological influences on micro-cutting performance; and
- Post-processing of additively manufactured components. The Research Fellow will work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) and supporting staff and student members on various research projects.
The job scope includes: -
- Experimental research on single point diamond turning: -
- Machining process modelling, system setup and sample handling for secondary material characteristic analysis; and
- Collaboration with a strong research team in a wide range of topics in micro-manufacturing.
- Applicants will be selected based on their research ability and language expertise. Preference will be given to candidates with a good publication and academic record.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant area;
- Good publication record in manufacturing/mechanical engineering journals;
- Excellent command of written and verbal English;
- Experience in micro-cutting of difficult-to-machine materials;
- Experience in sample preparation and handling for post-cutting analysis;
- Background in Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Mechanical Engineering