Research Fellow/Research Assistant, Theoretical and Computational Physics
Yale-NUS College and the Centre for Advanced 2D Materials at the National University of Singapore is recruiting several Postdoctoral Fellows and Research Assistants for the funded projects listed below. We are accepting applications for the postdoctoral positions internationally from candidates who have a Ph.D. in either theoretical or computational condensed matter physics, or a closely related field. The position offers globally competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with experience. Candidates for the Research Assistant positions must have a B.Sc. in physics and should either be a resident of Singapore, or have a degree from a Singapore-based institute of higher learning. Start dates are flexible. For candidates currently in Singapore, the position could start immediately, while for candidates outside of Singapore, we anticipate a start date no earlier than October 2020 (due to COVID19-related travel restrictions currently in place). Funded Projects
- Properties of twisted moiré van der Waals heterostructures (with Shaffique Adam). Theoretical or computational expertise in either superconductivity (conventional or unconventional) or experience calculating the electronic properties of twisted 2D materials (e.g. continuum model, DFT, Hartree-Fock) is strongly preferred.
- Many body localization (with Pinaki Sengupta [NTU], Shaffique Adam and opportunities to collaborate with Fakher Assaad [Würzburg]). Theoretical expertise in diagrammatic perturbation and/or renormalization group analysis or computational expertise in quantum Monte Carlo simulations is strongly preferred.
- Electron hydrodynamics (with Shaffique Adam, and opportunities to collaborate with Giovanni Vignale [Missouri] and Oleg Sushkov [UNSW]). Expertise in hydrodynamics or diagrammatic perturbation theory is strongly preferred.
- Simulation of fermions trapped in optical lattices (with Kai Dieckmann and Shaffique Adam). Computational expertise in lattice models is strongly preferred.
Please apply online at: https://graphene.nus.edu.sg/directors-postdoctoral-research-fellowship/
To apply, please attach a single PDF file which contains the following: (maximum size: 2MB)
- One page narrative description of past research performance and its broader impact
- Half-page description of theoretical or computational methods employed
- Resume (no more than 3 pages excluding list of publications)
- List of publications
- List of at least 4 references that we may contact in connection with this application Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Ph.D. in either theoretical or computational condensed matter physics, or a closely related field for postdoctoral positions
- B.Sc. in physics and should either be a resident of Singapore, or have a degree from a Singapore-based institute of higher learning for r esearch assistant positions
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Centre for Advanced 2D Materials
Department : Theory Group