Faculty Positions in Architecture
Faculty Positions in Architecture
PMU strives to develop human intelligence, disseminate knowledge and find solutions based on research and scientific studies of problems experienced by societies. Based on its vision and mission in serving the local and international communities, with the expertise and facilities supporting scientific research and studies, and outreach activities, the University is inviting applications for the Architecture in the College of Architecture and Design.
The members of PMU’s Architecture faculty will:
- Carry out duties in accordance with College values and standards in line College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Work with students to provide excellent education and student experience.
- Integrate College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects, respecting dignity and diversity of all members and of visitors to the College.
- Promote the values of collegiality within the College.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
Suitable candidates should have:
- M.S. and Ph.D. in Architecture, Architectural Science or Architectural Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 4 years teaching experience at university level and research and publication, with verifiable architectural design and professional practice experience.
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design software, AutoCAD, 3D MAX, Photoshop, Sketch Up, and others.
- Knowledge of related industry software applications and Architecture license is preferred.
- Excellent command of the English Language and familiarity with technology infused academic environments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
Suitable candidates should have a focus on following areas:
- Designing climate-responsive and high-performance buildings
- Sustainable architecture, building performance
- Sustainable urbanism and housing
- Construction materials and methods, life cycle assessment
- Design and use of materials
- Architectural structures and structural systems
- Design visualization and graphic design.
- BIM management and architectural computing
- Architectural briefs, human factors, or human subjects research
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute at appropriate level to school and faculty policy and teaching.
- Play significant role in design, development, and course planning and programs within subject area and review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- Develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching.
- Provide timely feedback/ assessment of coursework and examinations.
- Provide general student support and guidance, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties.
- Maintain scholarly/professional development activity and keep up to date with developments in the field to carry out the duties of the position.
- Participate in comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- Contribute to overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on committees and groups.
- Contribute to management, administrative processes and committee structures of the faculty and College, as required.
- Participate, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work that facilitate faculty and college performance and accreditation, recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- Perform all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice-President, or President.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, annual round-trip airfare to home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require letter of interest, CV (include recent photo; citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus), copy of Ph.D. Diploma, research statement and teaching interests and portfolio that includes professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; narrative administrative and leadership philosophy including statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity; names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by search committee.
In order to apply for position of Associate/Full Professor, candidates must provide letter of promotion from academic institution with documented due process to promoted rank.
Positions advertised on our job website will be closed at discretion of the department at any time or until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For submission of applications, log-on to our career site:
In the event of unsuccessful online application, send your application by email to email@example.com. Specify position applied for: “Lecturer in Architecture” in email subject line and mention the name of source/website where you have seen this advertisement.
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.