SVQ / MODERN APPRENTICE TRAINER / ASSESSOR - EQUINE
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
The successful candidate will ideally be based at SRUC’s Craibstone Campus in Aberdeen as part of the Veterinary and Animal Sciences Department within the North Faculty of SRUC. However, the candidate could be based anywhere within SRUC’s North Faculty.
This is a permanent / part time role of 18.5 hours per week. Actual hours/days to be agreed/confirmed.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience of preparing teaching material and assessing Modern Apprenticeship students up to level 6 in Horse Care. The role will require on-site assessment visits across Scotland and a clean driving licence is therefore essential.
The role requires the candidate to:
- Be an active and engaged member of the Equine Team.
- Have a student-focused approach to teaching and learning and be able to engage students in a practical environment.
- Preparation of practical activities.
- Delivering practical tuition and assessments to a high standard.
- Conducting student assessments in accordance with Awarding Body standards.
- Maintaining appropriate records of teaching and assessment.
- Maintaining appropriate records of attendance.
- Attending internal and external meetings as required.
- Updating of personal skills and qualifications.
- Contribute to checking the validity of assessment against the performance criteria being assessed, as part of SRUC’s quality assurance internal moderation processes.
- Actively engage in SRUC’s quality enhancement and communication strategies and their associated procedures.
- Actively engage in SRUC’s performance management processes.
- Develop and maintain links with relevant industry contacts in their curriculum area.
To be considered for this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- BHS Stage 4 Senior Coach (II).
- BHS SVQ Assessor.
- L&D 9Di (Previously A1). WBL assessor (or progress towards these qualifications)
You should possess a good knowledge of BHS QA procedure and requirements and a thorough knowledge of equine care and husbandry.
You should have appropriate and proven experience in delivery and assessing of work-based learning – including teaching and assessing experience in riding and practical equine husbandry to students from a range of different backgrounds and experience levels.
Further details on the requirements of this role can be found in the Job Particulars document which you must read before applying for this role. This is downloadable when you click the APPLY link.
Closing date: 3 October 2021