University Tutor - Business School
University Tutor – Full time 24-month FTC
The Business School at Edinburgh Napier University is looking to employee a full-time tutor (on campus), up to 24 months. This opportunity has risen as a result of the school’s initiative to support the 2-year TPG provision. As a tutor you will support the academic community in providing guidance and support to the on-campus PG students settle in the new environment.
Edinburgh Napier Business School is one of the largest modern Business Schools, in the number one Modern University in Scotland, with a strong academic reputation in undergraduate, postgraduate, executive education and business research. The school is focused on the delivery of a portfolio of programmes, which reflect the needs of students and places greater emphasis on practical experiences and the application of learning.
To learn more about our Business School, watch this short video.
This role involves supporting the Module Leaders to identify and respond to student needs, while enhancing the students’ experience. This help is much needed to enable the Programme Team to support the re-development of the 2-year masters suite. With the significant growth in this provision, the role holder will assist with the PDT duties and responsibilities to further support the Programme Leader.
As a tutor, your focus will be to help prepare students for these programmes who require significant pastoral support in their studies. In addition, you will also support the UG students, individually/group level on the above modules, connecting them to wider support services offered across the university as needed.
If you would like to know, more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the full profile.
Who We Are Looking For
You must have:
- A Master's degree or professional qualification in a relevant business discipline
- Experience of supporting undergraduate students in a face-to-face learning environment
- Ability to communicate accurately with a high standard of written and oral English
- Respond and guide the students sensitively with different needs and backgrounds
Benefits We Offer
Salary: Grade 5: £33,309 - £ 39,739
Further information about our benefits can be found here.
Application Closing: Oct 14th 2021@11:59 pm
- For general queries please contact email@example.com
- All Candidates will be required to demonstrate their ability to live and work in the UK and that they are subject to UK taxes.
- Candidates will be required to work on campus
- All Candidates will be subject to Edinburgh Napier University's terms and conditions of employment.
Edinburgh Napier University is committed to the creation of an inclusive culture.