Manager, Education Development and Delivery
- Full time continuing role in the Education Team for the Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Provide strategic direction for the development and delivery of education programs in the Clinical and Professional Development (CPD) unit
- Base Salary from $109,663 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The CPD unit is responsible for the design, delivery and promotion of clinical and professional education in healthcare and to identify and drive change in the delivery of professional education across the Faculty of Medicine and Health (FMH). The Manager, Education Design and Delivery will lead a team of 12 technical staff to deliver on this remit.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- deliver strategic and operational management of the unit
- direct the design and implementation of innovative education programs for FMH
- build effective relationships with Program Directors in the Faculty
- drive cultural change in the team
- influence stakeholders towards a commercial, industry best practice approach in education design and delivery.
- tertiary qualifications in higher education or equivalent work experience
- proven leadership and management expertise to develop and operationalise strategic goals
- demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring a team of education designers
- experience working with a large, diverse range of stakeholders including academic and professional staff
- experience in a similar role in higher education.
Closing date for applications
11.59 pm, 23 September 2021
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Andria Bingham, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 8552 or by email to .
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.