Intellectual Property and Commercialisation Advisor
- Full-time, Continuing
- Can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) or Victorian regional campuses.
- $88,489 - $97,344 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Business Development and Commercialisation team is responsible for initiating, facilitating and coordinating business development, industry partnerships and knowledge transfer within the University. They work with researchers across all campuses of the University to develop, manage and coordinate the commercialisation of an original idea or result into a product, license, patent or other form of knowledge transfer.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Undertake the management of the IP database including updating records to reflect the patent lifecycle including post-deal management e.g. licenses, collection of monies etc.
- Liaise with Patent Attorney firms to ensure timeliness of advice, payment of fees etc
- Support the Director Business Development and Commercialisation as secretariat for the Patent Review Committee including scheduling meetings, preparing and collating meeting papers and monitoring follow up tasks.
- Support the Director Business Development and Commercialisation as secretariat for the Strategic Innovation Fund Committee including scheduling meetings, preparing and collating meeting papers and monitoring follow up tasks.
Skills and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in any area relevant to the position with at least 3 years subsequent experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business development and commercialisation functions.
- Experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders including relationship initiation and management in business development and commercialisation.
- Experience with market analysis, evaluation and interpretation of data, reporting, monitoring and auditing requirements in business development and commercialisation .
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday 6th October 2021 by 11:55pm.
Position Enquiries: Jan Bingley , Tel: 03 9479 3583, Email: email@example.com
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.