Community Engagement Officer - Maternity Cover
This is an exciting opportunity to join King’s College Residences to guide and inspire a staff/student team to positively impact and engage the student community. With a key focus upon interaction with residents on all platforms, and a strong drive to continue and continuously develop our digital engagement, the role will drive the Resi-Life program by planning, budgeting and delivering key termly events and overseeing the site events, and evidence growth in residential engagement. Ownership will be required of our 3 pillars of the programme, Resilife, Sustainable Living community, and our new Grad plus programme. The successful candidate will need to have previous experience in a similar role, be a team player, be creative and enthusiastic about making a positive difference to our student’s time in residence.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term mat cover contract for 1 year
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- Lead and inspire a staff/student team to engage and positively impact our residents time at King’s
- Consistently explore ways to improve the programme increase our reach and engagement
- To act as a lead and an example of student engagement, on-line and face to face
- Be responsible and accountable for the Reslife programme including all events management, budgeting and recruitment.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge and experience
1. Educated to degree level and/or relevant experience
2. Knowledge of the Higher Education and a role in a similar position
3. Ability to plan, implement and evaluate activities designed to meet the needs of young adults
4. Ability to use own initiative, generate new ideas and creating projects from inception to delivery
5. Ability to manage a part-time, dispersed paraprofessional team
6. Ability to build and maintain strong, positive relationships
7. IT literate, especially social media platforms
8. Knowledge of current events and issues affecting young adults and students
9. Creativity and a passion to make a positive impact upon or resident community
10. Drive, resilience and attention to detail.
11. Experience in managing data, statistics, Power B
1. Digital marketing and communication experience
2. Presentation, facilitator experience