Research Associate, NUHS Digital Health
Applications are invited for the following full-time position in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health within the Singapore Population Health Improvement Centre:
Research Associate (NUHS Digital Health)
The Telehealth Core (http://tiny.cc/telehealthcore) at the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore is seeking one full-time Research Associate (RA) with relevant experience to support faculty members in conducting studies in the area of eHealth and Human Computer Interaction (HCI).
The RA will participate actively in research projects in one or more of the following areas:
- Motivational design of lifestyle health tools
- Analysis of data arising from large scale trials
- Development of innovative, evidence-based tools for risk communication
- Patient-centred care
The RA will play an important role in the development of the Center’s growing research agenda to support transformative digital health research in Singapore and the region. Successful candidates will be expected to support the planning and execution of research in mobile or web application for health. The RA will also be expected to be involved in capacity building and working independently, while interacting with interdisciplinary teams.
This position provides the candidate an excellent opportunity to work with world leading experts across universities, public healthcare organizations and technological innovators to develop software solution to meet healthcare needs. Individuals will be able to make impactful transformation in the Singapore healthcare industry.
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Possess a can-do attitude towards complex challenges
- Working experience with EITHER qualitative or quantitative analysis methods
- Experience in one or more of the following types of project implementations: web-based and mobile application.
- Successful candidates will have a Masters degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, Behavioural Science or Systems Design
- Individuals who do not hold a Masters Degree but have significant relevant research/industry experience are welcome to apply and may be considered albeit at the level of Research Assistant with experience
Candidates with the following experience will have an advantage:
- Relevant hands-on experience working with software development in a team.
- Possess leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with different groups of stakeholders
- Experience in healthcare industry
This position is a full-time 1-year position that is immediately available. To apply, please attach CV, cover letter highlighting short-term and long-term career goals, relevant experience, and the names of three referees.
- Research/literature review
- Study design and ethics applications
- Work with program teams to develop project plans which include requirements, scope, deliverables, budget and schedules.
- Oversee and plan project demands, proof-of-concept/value initiatives with stakeholders.
- Determine project goals to ensure the project supports business objectives and strategies
- Single-Point-of-Contact for program teams and stakeholders for the projects.
- Lead and drive requirement gathering process and translate user requirements into technical requirements necessary for the implementation of the solutions.
- Identify and propose solutions that will improve the quality of the health service
- Identify, manage and track issues, risks and dependencies that affect the delivery of the project outcome.
- Present project updates to stakeholders on a regular basis.
Recruitment is open immediately, and will continue until all positions are filled.
Successful candidates will have a Masters degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, Behavioural Science or Systems Design