Job Profile Student Support - Library
Contract Type Permanent
Working hours will be Saturday and Sundays 09:00-18:00
BPP University offers a range of programmes at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels across Law, Business & Health programmes. We are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join our Library & Information Service (LIS) team in Leeds to assist us in delivering a first-rate service for our staff & students.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of library desk services including the provision of basic IT support answering enquiries both online & face-to-face, shelving, tidying, performing clerical & administrative duties appropriate to the position always ensuring the library remains a pleasant environment conducive to study.
Applicants should be self-motivated & embrace technology with excellent IT communication & client care skills with the ability to work as part of a team, be happy to update & learn new skills on an ongoing basis.
- To support customers in their use of BPP library as flexibly as possible, by participating in a wide range of library activities in a polite and helpful manner. These may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- To assist with the provision of a range of library issue desk services on a day-to-day basis
- Answer enquiries received at the library issue desk,via face to face,phone or online. Advise users in making effective use of the libraries printed & online information sources. Referring to appropriate sources of information to answer user enquiries
- Develop sufficient knowledge of other departments within the University to be able to answer common enquiries referring more in depth and complex issues as appropriate to colleagues
- Ensure that our library services meet the needs of library users & that the library environment is neat, tidy & conducive to study.
- Help maintain hard-copy collections,including the receipt, cataloguing, processing, repair, binding & discarding of materials. Help create & maintain library user guides work with the Library Team to help develop resources for users online information services & other initiatives
- Take an active role in promoting library services & resources to staff & students
- To undertake a wide variety of administrative tasks consistant to the post and relating to the provision of good customer service
Department University Education Services - Library
Vacancy location UK, North, Leeds
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent levels of IT literacy & confidence in using Microsoft Office Products & Virtual Learning Environments.
- Experience in a library, student services or customer service environment
- A positive approach to customer service
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team
- An ability to work on own initiative & work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) in a courteous and helpful
- manner with the wide range of library users.
- Excellent organisation & time management skills
- Flexibility in approach to duties and work schedules
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build respectful relationships with a range of people
- Genuine interest in making a positive contribution
- A professional qualification in library or information science is desirable.
- Previous experience of working with students in a higher education setting
- Experience in using Symphony or other automated library management systems.
- Experience in using Moodle or other Virtual Learning Environments
- Experience in using Sharepoint or similar intranet system
Contract Hours 16:00