Programme Production Officer, Assessments
- Full Time
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Permanent
The Law School is looking for a highly digital literate and detail orientated individual to join our Law School Programme Development and Content. This team is responsible for the production and distribution of all digital and printed learning material for the entire portfolio of Law School educational programmes.
Working with the Materials Production Manager, you will own the responsibility to create and release all Law School digital assessments. You will work collaboratively with Law School faculty and operational staff to create, monitor and maintain a schedule of digital assessments that will be delivered during the academic year. You will work closely with internal and external technology support teams to build your knowledge of the capabilities of a variety of digital assessment platforms, and will gain significant expertise in how to use each platform to best effect. You will develop processes and guidance on how to produce a digital assessment.
The role can be based from any of our Law School centres which are Birmingham, Manchester, London and Bristol.
- Compile and maintain a master schedule of Law School assessments for each academic year. Ensure that details of the programme, module, type of assessment, delivery requirements, mode of delivery and assessment dates are accurate and kept up-to-date.
- Build own knowledge and expertise in the use of a variety of digital assessment platforms.
- Build own knowledge of the end-to-end process of the drafting, delivery and grading of a digital assessment and how this process can be effectively facilitated in our digital assessment platforms.
- Create and maintain process documents that provide step-by-step instruction on how to produce and release a digital assessment.
- Produce guidance and training resources when needed for Law School staff that develops their understanding of the capabilities of our digital assessment platforms.
- Identify issues that arise in the production of digital assessments, referring to academic or operational teams as appropriate to facilitate a proactive and timely resolution.
- Post production, co-ordinate the audit and approval of all digital assessments with the appropriate Assessment Lead and ensure all compliance protocols are followed before a digital assessment is released.
- Notify colleagues in the Exams Team when digital assessments are produced and ready to be released to students.
- Act as an escalation point for technical questions.
- Monitor faculty and student feedback on the delivery of all digital assessments
Department Law School - Programmes & Students
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
- Experience of working in a busy administrative support function in a relevant area (e.g. education, customer services etc)
- Experience of delivering a professional support service and following service standards.
- Excellent IT skills (e.g. Excel, Office 365)
- Highly digitally literate and able to learn new technologies and systems with ease
- Ability respond to issues and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to train, coach or counsel others
- The ability to work collaboratively and manage key internal and external relationships
- Ability to reconcile information/data and produce processes and guidance documents
- Ability to compile and work with data to support to workload management and decision making
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- GCSE English and Maths (or Equivalent)
- Experience in a higher education or academic setting
- Experience in using online learning and/or assessment platforms
Contract Hours 37.50