Data Warehouse Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Profile IT - IT Support
Contract Type Permanent
- Internal Applications Service – Diagnosis and resolution of incidents due to data warehouse and ETL services used by BPP departments and students, without significant failure or poor service performance.
- Applications Support – Manage day-to-day tasks and issues with a positive and flexible approach.
- Applications Delivery – Achieving tasks and associated deliverables as agreed on assignment to a development project or activity.
- Technical Support – Ensure the necessary support and advice is provided in an effective manner, demonstrating a good technical understanding of identified services
This role can be based at either BPP Manchester or BPP London Liverpool St.
- The Data Warehouse Analyst is responsible for the general production support day-to-day for all the data warehouse and data marts.
- The day-to-day responsibilities related to this portion of the role include operational support for all ETL processes handling data import and export jobs interfacing with the various BPP systems and applications including Client and HESA Data Marts and all source system data extraction
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of ETL jobs and analysis of error reporting
- Provide guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on internal data issues through automated monitoring related to data validation and data integrity checking performed at a staging level prior to processing the import into BPP's Production environment.
- Use Service Now Incident/Problem/Request/Change Management application to manage the work-load and all related changes per BPP policies and procedures for incident, change and problem management.
- Create new proactive alerts and summary reports to report on data discrepancies, incomplete file loads, failed back-ups, replication errors or any errors related to the various data warehouse environments.
- Create and maintain documentation for the data warehouse and other databases including procedures, best practices, user guides, schema, data models, data marts, database instance names.
- Support out of hour and weekend work required as needed to support production issues, disaster recovery
Department Technology - Operations
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home and Office Based
- Qualifications – Degree qualified and relevant professional qualification and experience
- Experience of working within an IT team, providing 2nd/3rd line technical support of data warehouse and ETL services. Some development experience is beneficial.
- Training – Formal training in Service Management disciplines (e.g. ITIL)
- Skills –
- Broad technical understanding of Informatica, Talend, Datanomics and common operational issues.
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle/MS SQL Server)
- Knowledge of non-relational database (NoSQL or Graph DB knowledge will be beneficial but not essential) technologies
- Confident in command line Red Hat Linux environment (essential)
- Familiar with ETL development tools and ability to read and understand complex SQL queries. Familiar with methods and techniques for structured reviews.
- Analytical Thinking – Good at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
- Strategic Perspective – Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail.
- Stress Handling – Retaining objectivity and proper understanding of a problem or situation when placed under conditions of stress.
- Industry Developments – Must take initiative to ensure technical skills are up to date
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic DBS check.
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary Up to 45k