Programmes Manager (International)
The Programmes Manager (International) will be based in The Nightingale Student Hub at the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery, and Palliative Care. The role holder will lead on programmes management for our international collaborative partnership with Ngee Ann Academy for undergraduate and post-graduate programmes. Main responsibilities will be to:
- Support the Senior Programme Officers/Programme Officers in managing Ngee Ann Academy students’ pastoral care needs, ensuring teams are aware of signposting students to relevant services and that processes and policies are kept up to date.
- Ensure Ngee Ann Academy activities, such as assessment and progression processes, are completed in accordance with university timeframes and policies.
- Manage resources on a day-to-day basis to ensure consistent service delivery (e.g. timetabling, assessments, graduations) across the academic cycle.
- Work with the Senior International Partnerships Manager and Faculty Quality Assurance Manager to ensure that quality assurance and accreditation requirements are met for all courses.
- Have oversight of, investigate and respond to formal and informal complaints within agreed timeframes.
- Contribute to and inform the development of student systems, including online learning platforms and SITS.
- Contribute to and initiate process improvements, eliciting and responding to service user feedback, ensuring training and support is provided to the Senior Programme Officers, Senior International Partnerships Manager, and Senior Programmes Manager.
- Produce management information data to meet the needs of a wide range of stakeholders, including utilising data to monitor completion and quality of work undertaken by the team and analysing and providing reports on data from numerous sources such as module evaluation processes.
- Monitor and review Ngee Ann Academy’s programme service delivery on a continual basis to ensure compliance with agreed timeframes, expectations, key performance indicators and service level agreements.
- Undertake local line management life-cycle processes, from recruitment, through induction, probation, performance management, enabling development and training activities and completing exit processes.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
This post will be offered on an 5 year fixed term contract.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Educated to degree level
2. Strong numeracy skills and ability to extract, analyse and present complex numerical data with effective, data driven decision-making ability incl. the experience of working with databases such as Student Record Systems (SITS)
3. Strong understanding of user-focused, end-to-end service ethos and familiarity with frameworks for effective delivery
4. Experience of leading a team of staff, and experience of managing change, setting standards and developing high performing teams with a development focused and proactive style.
5. Experience of stakeholder management, and ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and assured manner – to understand their needs and facilitate discussion
6. Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively and delegate tasks appropriately and work to tight deadlines
7. Excellent communication skills, including ability to draft documents and correspondence, lead and contribute to meetings with a range of stakeholders
1. Experience of having a longer-term view of service provision, and the ability to plan for both the immediate future and the longer term where developments may be in progress.
2. Experience of using virtual learning to improve the education experience of staff and students.
3. Experience of providing education and students services for an international collaborative partner in a higher education setting.