Manager, Assessment Operations
- Opportunity to provide operational management over a large, critical portfolio including examinations and special arrangements, results processing, academic integrity and academic appeals
- Located at Darlington Campus
- Full time fixed term until 17/06/2022, offering HEO8, a base salary of $109K p.a., and generous employer's contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
The Manager, Assessment Operations will work with key academic and professional staff to lead a broad team that operationalises areas of the assessment delivery cycle in the Business School, including exams, academic integrity, special arrangements, results processing, and appeals. With a focus on ensuring effective processes and compliance with policy and procedures, the Manager, Assessment Operations acts as a link between Faculty and central PSUs to implement and refine centrally driven processes at a Faculty level, thereby supporting best practice delivery across the academic year.
As a subject matter expert, the Manager, Assessment Operations will work under broad direction with a degree of autonomy and will determine how their key accountabilities are to be carried out to achieve the goals. They will resolve complex matters related to their key accountabilities. They will be a point of contact for escalated issues related to their key accountabilities, varying in scale, complexity and sensitivity. As an experienced professional, the jobholder will provide sound advice and recommendations, exercise independent judgement and apply extensive know-how to achieve their work goals. The position has leadership responsibilities to guide, develop and manage a team of professional staff, and for the delegation of work activity. Actions and decisions are taken collaboratively where appropriate.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Manager, Assessment Operations who possesses:
- Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and relevant work experience or equivalent combination of relevant experience and training;
- demonstrated ability to manage and respond to risks, and ensure compliance in complex environments with tact, discretion, and sound judgement;
- demonstrated high level communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to build strong working relationships and engage with a broad range of stakeholders;
- demonstrated management experience and skills in the efficient and effective management of people, service providers and resources as business as usual and during a change environment;
- excellent interpersonal, influencing and advisory skills including the ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders to create buy-in and achieve support for new approaches and initiatives;
- high level ability to review and implement effective systems and processes to deliver time and mission-critical projects;
- proven ability to lead, manage and motivate staff ensuring that team members are developed to their full potential within a client service environment; and
- extensive relevant work experience related to the position, preferably in managing complex client services.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
Closing time and date: 11:59 pm, 27 September 2021
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to Apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University and would like to submit an application, please login into your Workday account. Navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard once logged into Workday and click on the USYD Find Jobs report to apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rae Hao, Recruitment Consultant Recruitment Operations, Human Resources on 8627 0063 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.