Special Scientist, FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy
Title: Special Scientist
No. of Positions: One (1)
Category: One (1) year with possibility of extension
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
Application Code: FOSS2021SS-07
The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one (1) vacancy for a full-time or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research of the lab.
It is noted that one (1) month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 working hours.
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in a relevant field such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics, with a grade of at least a 2.1 class or equivalent.
- Working experience in programs funded by the EU.
- Experience in any of the following research fields:
- Power Systems.
- Smart Grids.
- Artificial Neural Networks, expert systems and applications to the field of energy.
- ICT applications in the field of energy.
- Programming in Python especially for energy related applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Special Scientist will be conducting research according to the needs of the research projects of the Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory in the field of Solar Energy and specifically, Photovoltaic Technology. Additional duties include:
- Writing reports and research publications.
- Support in writing Research Proposals.
- Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year students).
- Support in research project management.
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for 12 months, with the possibility of renewal upon successful progress. The maximum monthly gross salary for full time employment (i.e. 140 hours per month) is in the range of €1,044.39 to €2,436.90 (i.e. from €7.46 per hour to €17.41 per hour), depending on the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and specific duties. Contributions to the various Government Funds will be deducted from the aforementioned amounts. 13th salary is not provided.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
Interested candidate should submit the following:
- Letter of interest for the specific position.
- Full CV including description of previous experience, as well as reference to the grades of degrees and school certificate (apolyterion).
- Copies of degrees and transcripts of Bachelor and/or Master degree(s).
- Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
Please send your application by Thursday, 30 September 2021, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject title: FOSS2021SS-07 Application.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.