Principal Manager, Research Management and Administration
This position is under the Institute of Adult Learning (IAL).
- Manage, implement, and maintain the Research Governance Framework,
- Lead the team which manages, plans and implements WDARF grant calls, to attract target number of applications as set with SSG, and to ensure that the grant calls are systematically run,
- Lead the team which manages WDARF grant-approved projects,
- Monitor and evaluate the progress and compliance of WDARF projects for fund disbursement, as well as the successful completion and delivery according to the approved proposals, and
- Manage Research Division’s administrative processes.
- Undertake secretariat duties to the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Research Committee (RC) and Expert Review Panel (ERP).
- Manage and implement the research governance framework (including ethics clearance) for proposals from the IAL and the Workforce Development Applied Research Fund (WDARF), including:
i. reviewing all research proposals submitted for completeness and clarity,
ii. identifying experts to conduct technical reviews,
iii. liaising with the research team on experts’ comments, and
iv. providing comprehensive information and assessment (i.e. preparing the executive summaries and other meeting materials) to the Research Committee to approve quality proposals.
i. scrubbing the supportable funding components to determine the final approved research budget/grant,
ii. preparing and managing contract/grant agreements,
iii. tracking budget usage,
iv. monitoring projects progress, and
v. evaluating project variations.
- Lead the team which manages the annual open grant call including planning and implementing publicity efforts to local and foreign universities and CET communities, staffing overseas work trips related to WDARF and linking partners who have potential to submit research proposals through the grant call.
- Develop, manage and update/review WDARF related SOP(s)
- Report and monitor outcomes and impact of WDARF including allocation of research investments
- Interface with SSG on WDARF matters including review of WDARF and budget matters.
- Lead in Contribute to and support RD’s key areas as required
- Manage RD’s administrative processes
- Support RD and other IAL-wide events and activities (e.g. IAL bi-annual Symposium)
Academic Education / Training / Experience
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in business management or communications.
- At least six years of working experience, preferably in relevant research or policy and planning activities.
- Knowledge in financial literacy and grant administration would be useful.
- Good knowledge in the use of EXCEL.
- Excellent project management, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Some experience with research or policy functions, as well as research data management in institutions such as tertiary education institution, corporate entities or government agencies, is preferred.
- Proactive with high level of initiative and an eye for detail.
- Able to work independently, has positive attitude and commitment to timeline and outcome and solution driven.
- Good planning and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise daily workload
- Good leadership skills, particularly in the areas of coaching junior team members
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work effectively in teams and engage with Continuing Education and Training (CET) stakeholders and researchers, vendors and academic institutions, both local and international.