Research Assistant, Pharmacy
The laboratory of A/Prof Victor Yu at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is currently recruiting a Research Assistant.
Other than participation in preforming administrative-related tasks for managing the laboratory, successful candidate will have ample opportunity to work with other members in the laboratory as well as external collaborators to perform experiments using a wide range of state of the art techniques in cell and molecular biology aimed at elucidating roles of MOAP-1 in regulating cellular signaling mechanisms regulating senescence, metabolism, inflammation and ageing process relevant for gaining understanding of the development and progression of certain liver diseases such as NAFLD, NASH and HCC.
The main responsibilities may include the followings:
- To assist with administrative tasks and to maintain safety records
- To perform experiments in research projects
- To assist with mouse colonies management
Interested candidates please submit a detailed curriculum vitae, contact information for 3 references, and your earliest availability to A/Prof Victor Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Singaporean Citizen / PR are preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field is preferred
Prior working experience in a research lab setting in life sciences field will be given priority in the selection process, especially those with prior experience with cell culture, DNA and/or protein work.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Other desirable attributes: self-motivation, precision and efficient in task execution
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Job requisition ID: 7221