Research Fellow, Early Detection of Field Quality Signals
Institute of Operations Research and Analytics (IORA) at National University of Singapore (NUS) offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Research Fellow to work on and manage analytics projects with our industry partners. The projects aim to develop new analytics tools utilizing unique datasets and research and experimental development on machine learning techniques. A major part of this role will be focusing on a research collaboration with a leading global medical device company.
Your project management and technical skills are the foundation of this role as you will be working within multidisciplinary and international project team of leading researchers. As an important and integral member of our research team, you will be managing some of our industry projects and working closely with faculty members, research scientists, and PhD students. Our researchers can mine terabytes of data, develop mathematical models and algorithms to derive new insights. Part of your job is to communicate complex data and algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower our industry partners to act based on the research insights. Your business knowledge, interpersonal/communication skills are therefore a requirement to thrive in a multi-functional leadership team.
The University values courage and creativity, openness and engagement, inclusion and diversity, and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Fellow who has:
- a completed PhD in computer science, operations research, econometrics, statistics, or related field
- evidence of managing research projects
- evidence of ability to conduct high-quality research
- strong mathematical and programming background and problem-solving skills
- an emerging track record of academic publications
- an ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- excellent communication skills