Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL AND SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
LECTURER / SENIOR LECTURER (1 post)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching and research, as well as supervision of final year projects;
- Supervision of postgraduates at Honours level;
- Supervision of M & D students at Senior Lecturer level;
- Co-supervision of M students at Lecturer level;
- Academic administration and other duties as determined by the Head of Department;
- Participation in the Department’s strategic initiatives to teaching, research and the community engagement.
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent qualification; Preference will be given to the candidate with the specialization in Engineering Economics/Business Engineering. Candidates with specialization in other disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Proven ability to conduct and publish research in accredited journals.
- Doctorate degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent qualification. Preference will be given to the candidate with the specialization in Engineering Economics/Business Engineering. Candidates with specialization in other disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Appropriate tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate/postgraduate level.
- A proven record of research experience supported by accredited publications.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Appropriate teaching and research skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Preference will be given to candidates with the specialization in more than one of the following areas: Business Engineering / Engineering Economics;
- Registered PrEng with ECSA;
- Experience supervising Masters students.
- Appropriate tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate level will be an added advantage at both Lecturer and Senior Lecturer levels. At a Senior Lecturer level, the candidate should have at least 3 years teaching experience or Industry experience.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
- In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES (relating to post content): Prof VSS Yadavalli, Tel: (012) 420 2979, or e-mail: email@example.com and (application related): R Gropp, Tel: (012) 420 4270
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.