Teaching Fellow in Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacy
To contribute to the Department’s teaching on courses at undergraduate and taught postgraduate level (currently MPharm and MSc programmes in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmaceutical Medicine). To undertake administrative duties as agreed with the Heads of Institute/Department and to facilitate the organisation and smooth running of lecturing and practical class supervision.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract for 12 months
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- To teach within undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the areas above.
- Lead undergraduate and postgraduate taught laboratory classes
- Lead undergraduate MPharm final year projects and taught postgraduate projects.
- To assist with setting and marking examinations as required, including attendance at Examiners’ meetings.
- To contribute towards curriculum development.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
1. Degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry
2. PhD in Pharmaceutical Science, Medicinal Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry
3. A sound (theoretical and practical) knowledge of medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry
4. Ability to teach and assess at MPharm and PGT level
5. Experience of academic or industrial research in an area related to teaching and research requirements
6. Supervision of undergraduate students in practicals and research projects
7. Excellent communication and presentation skills
8. Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
9. Ability to interact and co-operate with academic colleagues in Department / Division and College-wide
10. Ability to design and deliver lectures/seminars effectively
11. Ability to work effectively under pressure
1. Formal teaching qualification
2. Leadership skills
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
More searches like this
- Biological Sciences Academic Posts London (Central) jobs in London (Greater)
- Biological Sciences Professional Services London (Central) jobs in London (Greater)
- Biological Sciences Other Professional Services London (Central) jobs in London (Greater)
- Biological Sciences Teaching Fellowships London (Central) jobs in London (Greater)
- Biological Sciences Health & Medical London (Central) jobs in London (Greater)