Manager, Business Development and Marketing
Job Description In this position, you will develop and implement growth opportunities and build strategic partnerships to create long-term value for the organization. You will acquire new leads and accounts in enterprise clientele to ensure client needs are met and assist in the development and promotion of Institute for Adult learning (AL)/Learning & Professional Development’s (LPDD) learning programmes and services.
You will report to Deputy Director, Design, Development and Partnership, with the following responsibilities:
- Have a good understanding of the Training and Adult Education (TAE) sector, identify trends and customer needs, building short/medium/long-term business strategies in accordance to IAL’s targets.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of IAL business products, services and value proposition and be able to advise prospects and clients about them. This includes writing business proposals for clients, and conducting course previews, sales pitches and townhall presentations.
- Drive key accounts development and management of our existing sales pipeline.
- Conduct market analysis to gain quantitative and qualitative assessment of markets to source and cultivate new leads and qualified business opportunities by researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Develop and implement marketing plans based on the overall marketing strategy, budget allocation and respective teams in IAL.
- Track success of social & digital media initiatives and to ensure set KPIs are met by analysing key data.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams and external stakeholders to facilitate smooth implementation of initiatives in accordance with organisational standard operating procedures and corporate governance requirements.
- Lead a lean Business Development and Marketing (BDM) team in achieving the team’s targets and projects.
- Prepare and execute team budget and workplan to support IAL’s strategic direction.
- Lead the outreach and engage enterprises to partake in IAL’s programmes by sending their employees to IAL for training.
- Develop customised programmes for the enterprises and co-created CPD courses for upskilling and reskilling their employees.
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in the area of business, marketing or mass communications. At least 7-10 years of relevant experience, preferably in the adult education sector.
- Having WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), or Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) qualification, Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE), or equivalent, would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in establishing partnerships to deliver corporate objectives and key performance indicators, possess skills in analysing emerging industry trends and projecting market demands and appetite.
- Strong strategic, analytical thinking and sense-making capabilities to drive innovative capability development initiatives.
- Proven team management capabilities, with strong spoken and written communication, networking and interpersonal skills and the ability to coach, engage and motivate staff to achieve organisational goals.
- High EQ and negotiation skills, resilient and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Good team player who is both process and results oriented with excellent project & time management and people-relationship skills.
- Able to take initiative to address challenges and issues at work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.