Research Fellow, Paediatric Brain Health
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Neuropsychology Post-Doctorate Research Fellow in the Department of Paediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Founded in 1962 by Professor Wong Hock Boon, fondly known as the Father of Paediatrics in Singapore, the Department of Paediatrics has a strong and firm foundation in teaching and research. Apart from providing medical education in paediatrics, the department is also committed to the advancement of ancillary services and paediatric scientific research. The department's key research areas include cancer, genetics, immunology, metabolic diseases, cardiac health, and neurocognitive development. Appointments will be made on a 2-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
PURPOSE AND MAIN ROLES
- To lead academic research in neurodevelopment, cognitive neuroscience, paediatric brain health, and/or human potential in established study cohorts.
- To conduct data analysis, write scientific manuscripts, and assist in grant applications.
- To provide supervision and training to junior staff in the Human Development Research Centre. Additional duties include interactions with paediatric research participants, coaching of child professionals, and administering assessments.
- Candidates will have collected data to analyse, gain extensive exposure to research skills (study conduct / planning, data analysis, and scientific writing) as well as supervision skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead academic research on neural electrophysiology and/or executive function using various birth cohorts
- Provide supervision to research assistants / research associates in research methods related to psychological and/or neuroscience research in the lab
- Validate rating instruments and psychological assessments in the Singaporean population.
- Work with Principal Investigator to develop culturally adapted assessments and interventions in the community, and to write protocols for intervention trials and collaborative projects.
- Provide expertise to work with research staff on design of consent forms and ethic board applications.
(A) EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Research Fellow--PhD in psychology, biostatistics or epidemiology, neuroscience, or other relevant subjects.
- Previous working experience in clinical/research settings administering for at least 2 years.
- A track record of scientific publications and achievements, preferably in neuroscience, psychology, or electroencephalography in children
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Added advantage if candidate can speak other commonly used languages in Singapore (i.e., Chinese, Malay or Tamil)
- Adept in coding in running statistical analyses or extremely enthusiastic in learning new techniques (e.g., Mplus, Stata, SPSS, R, SAS)
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No