Teaching Fellow/Senior Teaching Fellow of ILEAD K15 Training Programme
DEPARTMENT: INSTITUTE OF LEADERSHIP & EDUCATION ADVANCED DEVELOPMENT (ILEAD)
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES: Language Education
POSITION TITLE: Teaching Fellow/Senior Teaching Fellow of ILEAD K15 Training Programme
LOCATION: Suzhou Industrial Park
Teaching Fellow: 29,046-31,993RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 35,588RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
Senior Teaching Fellow: 36,127-40,189RMB (with the opportunity to go to 42,705RMB based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 31 Oct. 2021
JOB ID: 2097
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
ILEAD is a unique and leading centre for education innovation, development, and education of educators (degree programmes) in education globally. Its key customers include XJTLU students, XJTLU staff, as well as local, regional, national and international educational practitioners and institutions. The main business of ILEAD includes:
- Pedagogical programmes (Postgraduate Taught and PhD degree programmes)
- Support for XJTLU student learning
- Educational and professional development for XJTLU staff
- Global community for education innovation
- Training and development initiatives for external educators and professionals in education sector
- Research on future university (internationalization, learning and teaching, educational leadership, educational management).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Applications are invited for teaching fellow in the field of K15 language education/early years’ childhood language education with the Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Development (ILEAD) at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (Suzhou, China), a joint venture established in 2006 by the University of Liverpool, UK and Xi’an Jiaotong University, China.
The successful applicant is also expected to take the role of the teaching fellow, is going to work within the Product Team (Child Development and Education) for teacher training programmes to K15 schools. A key responsibility of this post is to support research in early years’ language education and facilitate professional development teacher training programmes to K15 teachers.
- Support research project of early years’ language education at institute and university level.
- Delivery of training programme on English language related teaching to young learners according to different aims.
- Maintain and develop resources, including websites and other tools that facilitate national and international good practices in language related teaching to young learners.
- Demonstrate English teaching classes of young learners for staffs and trainees, and schools.
- Provide expert and specialist advice and guidance to staff in developing excellence in language teaching to young learners.
- Act as a consultant/coach to other staff seeking to enhance the quality of their teaching and training ability to young language learners.
- Carry out any other duties as required, commensurate with the role position.
- Well-developed cultural awareness.
- A flexible approach to working.
- Proactive and ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience in language education to young learners in China.
- Master degree in elementary education or language education or early years’ language education or related area
- Applicant with bachelor degree in elementary education or language education or early years’ language education or related area with at least 10 years working experience is encouraged to apply.
- PhD degree in language or elementary education or early years’ education or related area.
- Experience in picture book reading and writing to kindergarten kids.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s education, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must be comply with the regulations with the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas.
Please send your application online:
Applications must be submitted in pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
For further information and an informal discussion, please contact the Head of ILEAD, Dr. Xiaojun Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are unable to apply online please contact the Human Resource Office.
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above