Tutor, Centre for English Language Communication
5 days left
- Part Time
The Centre for English Language Communication (CELC) plays a pivotal role in enhancing the English language competencies and academic skills of undergraduate and postgraduate students at the National University of Singapore. Courses that the Centre offers foster skills such as critical thinking, academic writing, professional communication, and other academic literacy skills. Some of these courses are taught by Part-Time Tutors, who play an instrumental role in helping CELC achieve its objectives. In line with the University’s interdisciplinary approach to education, we are expanding our search to strengthen our part-time teaching team.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in English language, linguistics, applied linguistics, rhetoric and composition, communication studies or a related field.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in an academic field (e.g., humanities, social sciences, business, science, applied sciences) with evidence of expertise in teaching academic writing or professional communication skills.
- Experience in teaching in higher education will be viewed favourably.
- Evidence of research, written output (e.g., publications) or industrial experience in professional or business communication will be viewed favourably.
To apply for a part-time teaching position with CELC, please submit the following documents as a single pdf file via the NUS Careers Portal in the CV upload section:
- Cover letter;
- Student feedback from the last 3 years (if applicable);
- A maximum of two reference letters.
Applications are processed before each semester of the academic year. The NUS academic year, which consists of two semesters, begins in August and ends in April the following year (first semester Aug-Nov; second semester Jan-Apr).
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : CELC