Professor at Jindal School of Psychology and Counselling
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an internationally recognized leader in higher education. Located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India, JGUprovides students a world-class education in a vibrant intellectual community. The university is host to 8000+ students, 800+ faculty members,and 500+ staff members representing 40countries, across 12 multi-disciplinary Schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Government and Public Policy, Liberal Arts and Humanities, Journalism & Communication, Banking & Finance,Art & Architecture,Environment & Sustainability, Psychology & Counselling, Languages & Literature and Public Health and Human Development. JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curricula, global collaborations, global research and global programmes.JGU is the youngest university to be ranked in the Top 3% of all universities in the World and in the Top 150 universities (under 50 years of age) by QuacquarelliSymonds (QS) World Rankings 2022.JGU has been ranked among the “Top 700 universities in the World” in the QS World University Rankings 2022 and is also recognised as an “Institution of Eminence” by the Government of India.
The Jindal School of Psychology and Counselling (JSPC) aims to nurture a vibrant academic and research culture and seeks to leverage the university’s internationally accomplished faculty and innovative interdisciplinary curriculum. JSPC students will benefit from the strong culture of interdisciplinary research and learning, practical exposure and hands-on application. Our teaching and learning is characterised by a strong commitment to push the boundaries of excellence at the interface of psychology, counselling, and allied behavioural science disciplines.
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU)invites applications for faculty position in theJindal School of Psychology & Counselling (JSPC).
Role and Responsibilities:
Faculty members will be expected to teach undergraduate/ graduate courses, mentor students and engage in school and university level activities. Faculty will also oversee internship programmes, seek out collaborations, and contribute to global and local challengesrelated to psychology and mental health.
Faculty are expected to have a scholarly psychology research program, one that can ideally be used to train undergraduate students. We are especially interested in candidates who have demonstrated excellence in teaching and possess the communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues.
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Psychology or related discipline at time of application.
- Undergraduate-level teaching experience in Psychology or related fields.
- Published research in professional peer-reviewed journal(s).
Knowledge & Abilities:
The successful candidate must demonstrate depth of knowledge in thefield of psychology, as well as the:
- ability to effectively communicate and work collegially andproductivelywith colleagues;
- ability to effectively engage and teach students with a wide range of skills, motivation, academic and vocational goals;
- ability to promote innovation, teaching, learning and service to a diverse student population;
- ability to participate in the development of curriculum and assess student learning outcomes;
- ability to maintain an active research career, resulting in two or more publications per year.
Compensation & Benefits:
JGU is an equal opportunity employer and offers internationally competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience.
Apart from a competitive salary, JGU offers research benefits comparable to the top international universities along with comprehensive health and accidental insurance coverage, accommodation on university campus, staff development allowance, research grants, research rewards for publications and other benefits.
For additional information, visit: jgu.edu.in/jspc
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest (teaching, research & institution building)
- At least two references with full contact and e-mail information (References will not be contacted without applicant's consent)
Submit your applications to HR@JGU.EDU.IN