Research Associate, Governance and Economy, Institute of Policy Studies
- Full Time
The Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) is a policy research think-tank in the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. IPS is looking to hire a Research Associate for the Governance & Economy department. The Research Associate will have the opportunity to participate in the Institute’s policy research work, acquire critical research skills and domain knowledge, develop his/her individual research capacity as well as benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking.
The Research Associate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic research team examining social, economic and governance policy issues in Singapore. The Research Associate will be working with senior researchers carrying out enquiries on the public policy implications arising from social and economic disruptions such as those on social inclusion and inequality, and the country’s demographic transition. In addition, the Research Associate will also benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking with various stakeholders linked to the Institute’s work. This job will be good grounding for individuals who are seeking to develop a career in these fields whether in academia, the public service or the private sector. This is a three-year contract.
- Assisting in the administration and management of the research projects undertaken by the senior researchers in the Governance & Economy department
- Conducting literature reviews, data analysis and synthesis and supporting the publication and dissemination of results and findings in reports, conference papers, academic journals, opinion editorials and book manuscripts.
- Presenting research work to internal and external stakeholders
- Undertaking other administrative duties related to IPS’ research projects, such as developing and facilitating research conferences, workshops, closed-door discussions.
- Have a deep interest in socio-economic and governance issues that affect Singapore’s public policies over the next decade and beyond
- Be highly competent in the use of quantitative and qualitative research methods, and have familiarity in project management
- Have strong English communication and analytical skills, with an ability to write in a clear and engaging manner
- Have initiative and demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage research
- Demonstrate commitment to meeting deadlines and have a track record of producing work that reflects a maturity of thought
- Have a Master’s degree in a relevant social science discipline from a reputable university
- Have experience conducting a research project or dissertation using quantitative research methods
Applicants preferably have:
- High level of competency in data analytics and statistics, with identifiable capacity to undertake independent research enquiries
Application Procedures Please e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One-page cover letter (with a brief statement of relevant research experience)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two writing samples (min. 500 words)
Your cover letter should include details such as your highest qualifications, last drawn salary, expected salary and reasons for leaving your last/current position. Please also state when you expect to be able to begin work, if this position is offered to you.
(We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.)