Specialist, Office of Service-Learning and Community Engagement
3 days left
- Full Time
The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) Centre for Experiential Learning (CEL) seeks a purpose-driven individual for an impactful role facilitating meaningful learning between students and communities for social good.
You will support the Office of Service-Learning & Community Engagement (OSLCE) to generate Service-Learning & Community Engagement curriculum, programming and opportunities between SUSS students, alumni, faculty, staff and communities
We seek a team mate who possesses a deep understanding of the intersection of education and social sectors, knowledge of current and emerging practices, trends and opportunities within and beyond these sectors, and is committed to leveraging the university as a community asset to connect diverse stakeholders to journey together for shared purpose.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and connect assets to develop and sustain partnerships with internal and external partners to co-create and curate service-learning and community engagement opportunities, and capacity-building to deepen and strengthen stakeholders’ collective capability for social responsibility.
- Design curriculum, lead implementation and evaluation of programmes in service-learning and community engagement, in connection with domains across the offices of the CEL.
- Coordinate collaborations between OSLCE and SUSS Schools and departments.
- Prepare, coach, mentor, assess and guide students, enabling students to meet the learning objectives specific to the range of service-learning & community engagement programmes.
- Design, develop and conduct risk assessment and ascertain that the service-learning and community engagement opportunities/environment are safe and conducive.
- Design, develop and conduct translational research and solutions (if required).
- Develop and manage certification programmes in specialist domain areas (if required).
- Manage the administrative duties (pre and post event publicity, data management, procurement etc.) generated in fulfilment of the scope stated above.
- Assist with other tasks and duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor, and participate in University-wide activities.
- Attend training and development courses relevant to work and/or personal development.
- A good university degree, preferably with postgraduate degree and/or professional qualification, where relevant.
- 10 years of working experience, however, candidates with less than that can also apply.
- Experience in Service-Learning, Community Engagement and Student Development.
- Intellectually inquisitive, with a good understanding of global and local trends in service-learning and community engagement.
- Passion for working with students. Able to build rapport, motivate and inspire students from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong analytical, communication, networking and presentation skills.
- A resourceful team player with initiative and interpersonal skills, and a high level of integrity.
- Meticulous, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with people and managing multiple tasks.
- Experience in educational equity and access, diversity and inclusion, social entrepreneurship, sustainability, social impact measurement, curriculum design and development and/or applied research will be an added advantage.