Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, Sustainable Engineering
- Full Time
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the UAE University invites applications for a faculty position in Sustainable Civil Engineering. We are interested in highly motivated individuals who are able to provide research contributions in two or more of the following areas; resilient infrastructure, green construction technologies and materials, sustainable water and land resource management, and environmental systems engineering with emphasis on multi-scale validation.
The above-mentioned areas should rely on evolving fundamental knowledge along with methodological developments of multidisciplinary research.
We, therefore, invite applications for a faculty position at the Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor level in Civil Engineering. Applicants should hold a BSc degree in Civil Engineering and Ph.D. in Civil/Environmental/Sustainable Engineering from a well-recognized university. Prior work experience in environmental data analytics and life cycle assessment in civil engineering-related systems will be an added advantage. The successful candidate is expected to develop an innovative and recognized research program leading to an outstanding record of scientific accomplishments. As a faculty member at the UAE University, the successful candidate is expected to excel in undergraduate and graduate teaching of core and multidisciplinary subjects of civil and environmental engineering.
A Ph.D. degree from a reputable international university in Civil/Sustainable Engineering.
- Demonstrated record of publications in leading international scientific journals in the area of Sustainable Engineering;
- Ability to develop and secure sponsored research that involves both undergraduate and graduate students;
- Ability to teach a variety of graduate and undergraduate courses and to develop new courses or course components in the areas of Civil/Sustainable Engineering;
- Ability to supervise capstone graduation project in the area of Civil/Sustainable Engineering; and
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies
- Teach and develop undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of Civil/Sustainable Engineering.
- Conduct original research that leads to publications in top-tier refereed journals.
- Student advising and mentoring at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Supervising M.Sc. and Ph.D. students and research assistants/associates;
- Develop and sustain externally funded research projects.
- Participate in Department, College, and University committees and actively engage in promoting the growth of the College of Engineering at UAEU and its role in society.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Applicants should submit the following documents: cover letter; CV (including contact info); Names and email of 3 references
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department Civil & Environmental Enginr.-(COE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty
More searches like this
- Civil Engineering Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Civil Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Civil Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Civil Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates