Research Fellow, Microbiology and Immunology
4 days left
- Full Time
A Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Associate Professor Zhang Yongliang (http://www.med.nus.edu.sg/mbio/staff-z_yongliang.html) at the Department of Microbiology & Immunology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore.
The candidate should be highly motivated, hardworking and responsible along with excellent interpersonal skills. He/She should have technical knowledge and experiences in molecular biology techniques, handling mammalian tissue culture and animal models of diseases including colitis and colorectal cancer mouse models. Experience in research on development of therapeutic methods for disease is preferred.
Successful candidate will participate in investigating the physiology function of molecules known as DUSPs in inflammation and cancer utilizing gene knockout mice and inflammatory disease models.
- A PhD degree from a well-recognized institution and a strong background in molecular biology, immunology, microbiology, or a related life science discipline, with more than 5 first author research articles published in international peer-reviewed journals in the past 5 years.
- More than four years of working experience with cellular or animal models of diseases including infectious diseases and intestinal inflammatory diseases such as colitis.
- Able to write well and communicate in English
- High degree of motivation and independency
- Good interpersonal skills
Motivated individuals should send their application, up-to-date curriculum vitae, research statement and three letters of reference in a single submission to email@example.com
Salary and benefits will be commensurable with educational qualifications and working experience.