Lecturer in Education, HE
Salary: £33,797 - £38,017 p.a. with opportunity to progress to £41,526
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
Closing Date: 16-08-2021 12 Midday
The Department of Education at University College Birmingham is looking to recruit a candidate with experience of providing education to children aged 3-11, to join our dedicated team as a Lecturer in Education HE programmes; to teach across a range of subject areas at levels 4 – 7.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Relevant teaching experience
- Experience in a Primary school setting
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the Primary Curriculum
- Qualified Teacher Status (Primary)
Please indicate within your application, experience within the following subject areas:
- Academic research skills to inform vocational practice
- Core subject specialism – preference is Mathematics
- Experience of teaching Key Stage 1 or 2
- Higher Education teaching experience or transferable skills.
UCB is committed to providing professional development opportunities and will support the completion of a recognised teaching qualification, if not already held.
Applications for full and part-time contracts will be considered. Please state any preference clearly within your application.
Staff benefits include 50 days’ paid leave per year, excellent staff development opportunities, pension scheme and a private healthcare policy.
Note for applicants:
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
Closing date: Monday 16 August 2021 at noon
Interview date: TBC