Research Assistant, Cold Atoms, Centre for Quantum Technologies
The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) is a research centre of excellence at the National University of Singapore doing cutting-edge theoretical and experimental science. CQT is located on the campus of the National University of Singapore and offers a friendly, international work environment. Learn more about CQT at www.quantumlah.org.
We are looking for a Research Assistant to work on the characterisation of a super-oscillatory trap for cold atoms. The project aims to trap a single, laser cooled, atom in a super-oscillatory trap. The super-oscillatory trap has the property to confine the light into a tiny spot, these transversal dimensions are smaller than the ones imposed by usual diffraction limit rules. Once the atom is trapped, the candidate will characterize the system measuring the trapping frequencies and height, as well as the effective temperature of the atom in the potential.
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelors degree in Physics or Engineering.
- An excellent understanding of optical systems, including lasers and spatial light modulators.
- Prior experience in ultracold gas will be highly advantageous
- Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Duration of Contract: 6 months (renewable)
- We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.