Lecturer, Centre for University Core
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 19 Jan 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Feb 2022
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, History, Philosophy & Theology, Social Sciences, Sociology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Centre for University Core
The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) is the newest Singapore government-funded university. Since its establishment in 2005, the University has leveraged on its strong relationships with industry to offer a unique applied curriculum for working adults that produces graduates who are confident, highly skilled, and job-ready. In 2014, it began to offer full-time degree programmes to fresh school leavers, with a curriculum designed to develop graduates who embody the 3 Hs: Head (professional competence and job readiness), Heart (social awareness and consciousness), and Habit (self-directed and lifelong learning).
To support the mission of the University, the SUSS Core provides a transformative experience for all SUSS undergraduates by focusing on educating the whole person – cognitively, socially, and creatively. It aims to develop students with the skills to think critically and reflexively about the social world around them, help them connect with what is important in life and develop responses to deal with new challenges, and provide them with experiences to articulate goals beyond the confines of their immediate surroundings. To this end, the SUSS Core offers courses that take a cross-disciplinary perspective on emerging global issues and incorporate a practical component to integrate teaching and learning with doing.
We are looking for individuals who believe and embody the 3 Hs, are knowledgeable in their fields and have a cross-disciplinary outlook, and aligned with the direction and approach of the SUSS Core to join our faculty team. Individuals who have a PhD from the Social Sciences should apply.
- Candidates must possess a PhD in humanities or social sciences from a reputable university.
- Candidates with work experience from the industry or have taught at tertiary institutions are preferred.
- Candidates with online teaching experience, have designed and developed courses and managed a teaching team will be an added advantage.