Professor of Robotics, Control and Locomotion
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Physical Science and Engineering Division (faculty): Mechanical Engineering Program
Location King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
We seek candidates in Autonomy and Field Robotics, with an applications emphasis in areas such as energy, marine, transportation and agriculture. Topics include multi-robot systems, self-assembly, swarms, human-robot interactions. The candidates should have strong expertise in areas of control, mechatronics or algorithm development.
The Mechanical Engineering program is recruiting outstanding faculty members into our multi-disciplinary and internationally collaborating faculty, to continue building one of the world's finest teaching and research institutions and to fulfill its educational and research missions. KAUST offers superb research facilities, generous research funding, and internationally competitive salaries.
The Mechanical Engineering program currently has 13 full-time faculty members, over 53 postdocs and research scientists and more than 140 graduate students. The Mechanical Engineering Program (http://me.kaust.edu.sa) focuses on the following areas: combustion and energy, fluid mechanics, materials and solid mechanics, and dynamics and control. The Clean Combustion Research Center (CCRC) carries out cutting-edge research on all aspects of combustion from flame study to modeling.
The Physical Science and Engineering Division comprises seven Degree Programs: Material Science and Engineering, Applied Physics, Earth Science and Engineering, Energy Resources and Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Science, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. These disciplines provide the foundation for our Division's quest to address some of the major challenges that we face in the world today, including those related to energy and the environment. Specifically, our faculty members and their research teams work on photovoltaics, super capacitors, porous materials, clean combustion, atmospheric modeling and other topics.
PSE division invites applications for faculty position at Assistant and Associate Professor ranks.
A relevant Ph.D. degree. Proven track record in managing a research group as well as publishing high-impact papers.
Teaching and service responsibilities
Commitment to high-quality teaching at the graduate level, including generally two courses per academic year. Active service to KAUST on all aspects of academic life.
The University offers access to multiple sources of research funding to its Principal Investigators. The successful applicant should have an established record of publishing high-impact papers, and is expected to create a thriving research program including engaging in national and international scientific collaborations.
Applicants are required to complete an online application form using the Interfolio online application system (https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en/about/faculty-positions). To prevent any delays in reviewing your application, you will need to upload the following materials:
- A cover letter, introducing your candidacy, and explicitly stating both the position and the rank (Assistant, Associate, Full) that the candidate is applying for, is required. The rank must be consistent with the candidate experience.
- Up-to-date curriculum vita which includes full publication list
- Statement of research interests
- Statement of teaching interests
- A list of the names/affiliation and contact details of at least four potential referees
- Copies of most relevant publications (Maximum of five)
- Two citation reports (Web of Science and Scopus)
Only complete applications submitted through the online application system will be considered. Applications received by the advertised deadline will receive full consideration. However, positions will remain open until filled.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia