Lecturer in Physiotherapy, Musculoskeletal, Academic Level A/B
- Based in the Allied Health & Human Performance Unit at City East Campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Commencement Salary: $72,218 (Level A), $101,784 (Level B) per annum (plus 17% super)
About the Role
Bring your sound clinical background along with your expertise in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy to contribute to the teaching, scholarship, research and professional activities of the Allied Health and Human Performance Unit. The focus of this position will primarily be on coordination and teaching in Physiotherapy, however, due to an increased focus on multidisciplinary teaching, the position may be required to work with multidisciplinary student groups.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
At UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance, we shape community wellbeing by educating future health professionals, producing graduates who contribute to the future health workforce. We deliver solutions-based research that addresses global health needs, working with industry and the community to solve critical health challenges.
- Initiate, develop and deliver courses as appropriate
- Provide academic counselling and high-quality service and advice to students
- Apply research and scholarship to the development of courses
- Conduct research and scholarly activity resulting in publications, and enhance the research profile of the Academic Unit through involvement in a research team
- Participate in appropriate consultancies, short courses and related professional activities
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline, together with current registration or eligibility for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated expertise, knowledge and a commitment to the contemporary physiotherapy practice within the area of musculoskeletal
- Demonstrated high standard of interpersonal ability, written and oral communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a diverse team
- Have a passion for teaching and a commitment to continual development and improving performance
- PhD qualification in Physiotherapy and current registration or eligibility for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience and knowledge in contemporary physiotherapy practice within the area of musculoskeletal
- Experience with a range of technologies and administration appropriate for a modern university
- Experience in the administration of university academic courses and ability to interpret and apply university policies and procedures
- Demonstrated capacity to contribute to, and build upon, the established research and scholarship strengths of the Academic Unit
Bringing your talent to UniSA will see you rewarded with a variety of employee benefits such as:
- Access to professional development opportunities and staff study support
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions and a variety of leave arrangements
- Employee assistance and wellbeing programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Eleanor Onorato, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 3179.
Applications close: 11:30pm Monday 16th August 2021
Pursuant to the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (the Act) and the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019 (the Regulations), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check.
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.