Professor of Robotics and Data for Geo-Energy
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Physical Science and Engineering Division (faculty): Energy Resources and Petroleum Engineering Program
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
We seek a candidate with strong expertise in sensors/robotics/data applied to geoenergy needs (oil& gas, geothermal, CO2 sequestration). The candidate will focus on one or more of the following areas: smart sensing and monitoring, optimization drilling and reservoir operations, Big data analysis, new concepts for production monitoring and reservoir management, Downhole smart sensor technology and robotics, advanced logging and sensing under extreme conditions (high P&T, fluid chemistry, extended life).
The Energy Resources and Petroleum Engineering Academic Program for both M.S. and Ph.D. students focuses on modern reservoir description, engineering and management. Students in this program receive broad training in basic scientific concepts and thermodynamics, geology, geophysical characterization, and reservoir engineering. Our students participate in scientific research activities that may include mathematical analyses, computational modeling, experimental research and/or field studies. Ph.D. candidates focus on original research driven to advance the boundaries of knowledge.
PSE division invites applications for faculty position at Assistant and Associate Professor ranks.
For more information, please visit https://pse.kaust.edu.sa/study/academic-programs/energy-resources-and-petroleum-engineering/Pages/home.aspx
A relevant Ph.D. degree. Proven track record in managing a research group as well as publishing high-impact papers.
Teaching and service responsibilities
Commitment to high-quality teaching at the graduate level, including generally two courses per academic year. Active service to KAUST on all aspects of academic life.
The University offers access to multiple sources of research funding to its Principal Investigators. The successful applicant should have an established record of publishing high-impact papers, and is expected to create a thriving research program including engaging in national and international scientific collaborations.
Applicants are required to complete an online application form using the Interfolio online application system (http://apply.interfolio.com/80332). To prevent any delays in reviewing your application, you will need to upload the following materials:
- A cover letter, introducing your candidacy, and explicitly stating both the position and the rank (Assistant, Associate, Full) that the candidate is applying for, is required. The rank must be consistent with the candidate experience.
- Up-to-date curriculum vita which includes full publication list
- Statement of research interests
- Statement of teaching interests
- A list of the names/affiliation and contact details of at least six potential referees
- Copies of most relevant publications (Maximum of five)
- Two citation reports (Web of Science and Scopus)
PLEASE NOTE: Only complete applications submitted through the online application system will be considered. Applications received by the advertised deadline will receive full consideration. However, positions will remain open until filled.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia