The post holder:
- is a member of the Faculty’s professional services team, providing high quality technical support to the Faculty and specific support to its research activities.
- must have experience in histological techniques, including tissue processing, cryotomy and microtomy, immunohistochemistry and basic tissue staining methods.
- must have a BSc or equivalent in a biological or related science.
- must show a demonstrated ability to communicate well, work within a team and maintain good laboratory records.
- requires previous experience of working in an academic research laboratory or a histopathological service.
- to oversee local facilities and operations, ensuring efficient use of resources
- can use a broad range of technical or practical skills and a well-developed working knowledge of technical or scientific practices and procedures acquired through on-the-job experience and/or vocational training.
- must gain an understanding of users/ customers requirements for this to inform the service choices and solutions.
This post will be offered on an fixed term contract for 6 months
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- to work closely with the Centre Technical Manager and the lead academic to ensure technical support for the Faculty is professional, well-executed and timely
- to manage own workload, pattern of work and resources and prioritise these to achieve objectives within their own area.
- to forge relationships with colleagues in the Faculty and university, in order to deliver the required support as well as to contribute to process development and the adoption of best practice.
- must implement and monitor compliance with regulations, guidance and legislation governing area of work and responsibility.
- to undertake any other reasonable duties and projects as requested by the post holder's line manager or lead academic
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Experience with Histology techniques
2. Experience as a research technician working in a research group
3. Experience working with solvents
1. Experience and knowledge of immunohistochemistry
2. Knowledge of 3D transcriptomics