On Site Engineer
Job Profile IT - Onsite Engineers
Contract Type Permanent
The primary duty of the OSE is to provide technical expertise in facilitating the smooth running of the Campus Service Technology platforms across BPP’s estate; to maximize service delivery of educational services to our customers and to also maximize productivity to BPP’s internal business services. The OSE will be assigned several sites by the OSE team leader for which they will be directly responsible in managing to a high professional standard.
This role is Home and Office Based (BPP Manchester)
- Take responsibility for the smooth running of BPP's student facing desktops, laptops, tablets and smart devices. As well as Operating Systems and applications for all classrooms, student library areas and other student facing areas.
- Provide support to all BPP internal staff for all BPP desktop, laptop, tablet, and smart devices. As well as operating systems and application issues.
- Provide remote assistance using prescribed tools such as; GoToAssist, SCCM Remote Tool, Microsoft Teams or Windows Quick Assist.
- Provide support for IT related issues that are escalated via appropriate channels.
- Provide training and supporting documents for the Customer Service Advisors in basic classroom support for PC's and audio-visual presentation equipment.
- Produce technical training guides and documentation to share knowledge with our team including the service desk.
- Produce non-technical training guides and documentation to aid self-help for staff.
- Take ownership of incidents and professionally manage them through to resolution or timely escalation.
- Ensure all incidents, issues and changes are recorded by users through the service desk.
- Manage incidents, problems and changes through Service Now.
- Prepare and distribute hardware for all New Starters and device refresh across the business
- Liaise with the team and external suppliers to manage stock levels across all sites.
- Proactively manage assigned sites and suggest improvements and innovation.
Department Technology - Operations
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home and Office Based
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Solid knowledge of Office 365 applications
- Solid background in Active Directory
- Network troubleshooting (including wireless), IP, DHCP, DNS
- Desktop and laptop imaging using SCCM deployment
- Smart phone, iPad and Windows tablet user support
- Desktop PC and laptop hardware, troubleshooting
- Printer troubleshooting and management
- Remote access via Citrix and Cisco VPN
- Sophos Endpoint administration and troubleshooting
- Projector and audio-visual maintenance and support
- Ability to deal professionally with users, customers, and suppliers at all levels.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Self-motivated and committed IT professional must be able to work on own initiative and without supervision.
- Proven experience of working in a high-pressured corporate environment.
- MCP Qualification
- Experience of Microsoft Azure
- Experience in Microsoft Endpoint Manager Admin Center
- Computer Based Assessment software configuration and support
- Cisco switch knowledge and experience
- Basic Scripting
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic DBS check.
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary 30,000 - 35,000