Admissions Validation Officer
Job Profile Student Support - Admissions
Contract Type Permanent
The Admissions Validation Officer (AVO) is responsible for the reviewing of all University applications with the goal of having the right calibre of students studying on our programmes. The AVO validates applications to recommend decisions and where necessary escalates to faculty for approval. The AVO will also act as a registration gateway to ensure students have the correct documentation to start a programme. To ensure an excellent student experience, the Admissions Validation Officer will work with Admissions, Faculty and Quality to achieve agreed service level agreements.
- Understand and apply the BPP University admissions criteria to all student applications; accurately and consistently.
- Work in accordance with University and regulatory policies and procedures including the MoPPs, GARs and QAA UK Quality Code amongst others.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy when scrutinising applications and their supporting evidence.
- Review applications, in line with agreed service level agreements, to ensure admission criteria are met.
- Request additional information from Admission Officers, as and when required, for immediate attention so not to delay the process.
- Escalate applications to faculty members when appropriate
- Ensure an appropriate level of detail, combined with a high degree of accuracy, is used to update systems on each application.
- Efficient use of student databases, admission policies and any other systems related to job role.
- Contribute to the development of undergraduate and postgraduate admission processes and systems.
- Maintain confidential student information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent to achieve the main duties above.
Department Contact Centre - Qualifying Centre
Vacancy location UK, North West, Manchester
- Educated to degree level or relevant work experience that demonstrates analytical and communication skills
- Computer literate with experience of MS Word, Excel and email packages
- A confident user of databases and reporting tools
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Commitment to, and responsibility for, meeting strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate to the highest levels of customer care
- Ability to analyse and act upon management information
- Able to build good working relationships across all levels
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience of working in the Higher Education sector
- Experience of admissions in a higher education setting
- Understanding of both undergraduate & postgraduate higher education admissions processes.
- Knowledge of the UK secondary education system
- Understanding of the UCAS, LawCAB and BarSAS application process and higher education admission
- An awareness of good data management practice e.g. Freedom of Information, Data Protection
Contract Hours 37.50