Associate Professor/Professor of Computer Science
At USC, we see opportunity everywhere. A young university not limited by tradition or old ways of thinking, we are committed to unlocking the innovation, productivity and full human potential of our regions, our students and our staff. Since we first opened our doors in 1996, we have made more than $9 billion impact on the economic, social and cultural development of our regions. Consistently rated by the Good Universities Guide as one of the top universities in Australia for both teaching quality and overall student experience, we are proud to produce world class research tackling our most critical local and global issues. At the core of this success? Our people. Attracting some of the brightest academic minds and esteemed professional talent to our mission, we are primed to realise our vision to be Australia’s premier regional university.
About the position
USC is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor/Professor in the discipline of Computer Science within the School of Science, Technology and Engineering. The successful appointee will engage in undergraduate teaching of Computer Science/Computer Engineering and may contribute to the suite of under- and postgraduate Information Technology courses. The applicant will have the ability to teach across a broad range of courses in the areas of computer science, data science and engineering and will provide leadership for developing and coordinating the suite of courses in one or more of the following research and teaching areas:
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Signal and Image Processing/Machine Vision
- Intermediate/advanced software development, object-oriented programming
- Networking and the Internet of things
- Low level computing (computer organization, operating systems, embedded programming, data structures and algorithms, compilers)
- Cloud and mobile development (DevOps and full stack web development)
- Wearable technology and digital fabrication
- Cyber security
What’s in it for you?
Meaningful work – we genuinely make a difference to our community and our region.
- Work with a team academics, nationally recognised for teaching excellence
- Competitive remuneration, 17% superannuation contribution and generous salary packaging options
- Flexible work environment
- State of the art campus location
- Join a team of world class academics making a contribution to the education of our community.
For further information, please contact:
Professor Catherine Yule
Head of School, School of Science, Technology and Engineering
Telephone: + 61 7 5456 3448
Midnight, Monday 16 August 2021
At USC, we have a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, genders, abilities, and experiences. Should you require additional support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 7 5430 2830.
To apply, and to view the position description, please visit our website at https://www.usc.edu.au/community/work-at-usc . Applicants should address the selection criteria contained in the position description.
All applications must be lodged through our website.