Programme Manager Industry Partnerships
King’s College London is seeking a Programme Manager for Industry Partnerships to drive new partnership activity and maximise the value of existing relationships.
King’s is a leading UK university, with strengths across a breadth of disciplines and a strong translational ethos. This post is focused on engineering, technology, and natural & mathematical sciences.
The Programme Manager will play a central role in the initiation, development and ongoing management of strategic research partnerships with industry and other external organisations. They will work with senior academic staff to define priority areas for partnership, identify and engage with suitable partners, and manage ongoing relationships to ensure success.
The ideal candidate will bring experience of academic-industry partnership (or other relevant experience) along with a background of research in a relevant field (technology/engineering). They will combine strong strategic and project management capabilities with diplomacy, negotiation skills and an ability to work well across functions and academic disciplines.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
Driving a substantial increase in research partnerships with industry, through:
- Working with senior academic leaders to define priority areas for the development of industry partnerships
- Identification of relevant industry partners and relationship-building to obtain a strong understanding of their priorities and needs
- Supporting and guiding academic staff in developing strategic partnerships with industry, including organisation of key meetings, development of materials highlighting King’s strengths targeted to individual partners
- Ongoing relationship management, including working with other functions (e.g. Contracts, IP & Licensing) to agree terms and resolve issues
- Developing a comprehensive knowledge of King’s strengths and capabilities
- Managing existing partnerships to ensure effective delivery, and working to enhance existing partnerships through increasing scale and expansion into new areas
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. PhD in a relevant subject (engineering, technology, natural & mathematical sciences).
2. Experience in development and management of industry-academic research partnerships, or other relevant experience in the industry/academic sectors.
3. Ability to lead and contribute to complex, difficult projects, from conception to delivery.
4. Ability to work constructively with a wide range of individuals and groups.
5. Positive and constructive approach, including when under pressure.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills