Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy
Location: Parkville campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $101,130 - $120,093 pa Level B (plus 17% employer superannuation)
$123,882 - $142,845 pa Level C (plus 17% employer superannuation)
$149,169 - $164,331 pa Level D (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Work in the ‘Parkville Strip’ - Australia’s premier health and biomedical precinct
- World-class teaching facilities and research laboratories
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
If you are interested in working within a highly successful Faculty, based at our beautiful campus in Parkville across from Royal Park, and enjoying the benefits of working in a top 100 university, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Our Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is globally ranked #2 (QS Rankings 2021) and is led by the Dean, Professor Arthur Christopoulos, who has been recognised among Australia’s most distinguished scientists for his ground-breaking research in drug discovery and outstanding contributions to the global scientific community.
We are a true leader in teaching and research activities and at the forefront of developing next-gen antibiotics, as well as having recently received multi-million dollar funding to produce Australia’s first COVID-19 mRNA vaccine for clinical trials.
Our Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MIPS) integrates research from five fundamental research Themes to identify, develop, optimise and deliver new drug treatments – ultimately translating basic research into clinical trials. These research Themes are:
- Drug Candidate Optimisation
- Drug Delivery Disposition and Dynamics
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Medicine Use and Safety
- Drug Discovery Biology
After a century of evolution and growth, MIPS is now Australia's largest, most experienced and successful group of pharmaceutical scientists with over 250 staff and 250 PhD students undertaking basic and translational drug discovery, drug delivery and drug development research in state-of-the-art laboratories on Monash's Parkville campus.
In Education, our students gain the benefit of learning from some of the best scientists and pharmacists in the world, and our Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Education Theme is at the forefront of innovation in communication, problem-solving and clinical skills development and active learning in the classroom.
Now looking to our future, with a reinvigorated strategic plan and evolved vision, we want to hear from driven, collaborative, like-minded individuals who are keen to be a part of our current and future success.
The opportunities available span Lecturer to Associate Professor positions and include Teaching and Research (T&R), Education Focused, and Practice-based appointments, and are listed below. If you are ready to join a Faculty that is a global leader in research and education - click to find out more about:
Teaching and Research (T&R) positions
A total of 6 T&R positions are available, all with the same structure and all with a focus on both research and teaching excellence.
- 2 x Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer – New Masters of Pharmaceutical Sciences - Click HERE to find out more or apply
- Applications are encouraged from across the spectrum of biological, chemical and pharmaceutical science-related disciplines
- Lecturer within our Medicinal Chemistry theme - Click HERE to find out more or apply
- Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor within our Drug Delivery Disposition and Dynamics theme - Click HERE to find out more or apply
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer within our Centre for Medicine Use and Safety (CMUS) - Click HERE to find out more or apply
- Associate Professor within our Centre for Medicine Use and Safety (CMUS) - Click HERE to find out more or apply
Education Focused and Practice Positions
- Lecturer (Education Focused) within our Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Education theme – Click HERE to find out more or apply
- Senior Lecturer (Practice) within our Experiential Development and Graduate Education unit Click HERE to find out more or apply
Monash and the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science are full of thinkers and doers who are looking for their next challenge. So, if you’ve forged a rewarding career so far, or are seeking an exceptional environment in which to springboard your career, we have the perfect platform to support you, with access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally within academia and industry, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work.
We look forward to learning more about you and your achievements!
Sunday 22 August 2021, 11:55 pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce