Students Recruitment Manager
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Permanent
Working in consultation with the Head of Outreach & Student Recruitment and liaising with other key stakeholders, the Student Recruitment Manager will:
- Help to plan with the national programme of online and face to face workshops,
- presentations and events in universities, schools and at BPP centres;
- Deliver that programme or, where otherwise required, enlist and manage colleagues around the business to do so;
- Engage with law and non-law students at feeder universities and promote the BPP brand;
- Manage the performance of BPP’s Campus Ambassadors and Student Ambassadors;
- Initiate and develop relationships with key contacts at feeder universities;
- Agree programmes of activity at feeder universities and schools with those key contacts and take all steps to ensure that all events are properly scheduled and supported .
- Assist the Head of Outreach & Student Recruitment in delivering a national strategy for engagement with feeder universities to raise awareness of the BPP brand and create a pipeline of students to its programmes.
- Manage the recruitment, training and performance of Campus Ambassadors and Student Ambassadors.
- Have responsibility for managing the budget for outreach spend in your region.
- Plan, deliver and/or oversee a programme of outreach talks and careers workshops at target universities and in-centre events.
- Plan, manage and contribute to the delivery of in-centre events and recruitment activity.
- Initiate, develop and maintain excellent relationships with key strategic partners in universities, including but not restricted to campus representatives, faculty, careers staff and presidents of student societies.
- Maintain accurate records of all activity and contacts in line with BPP's Data Protection Policy.
- Ensure effective capture of data at events, using this data to analyse, identify and plan for future activity, in line with BPP's Data Protection Policy.
- Work with relevant Heads of Law and Resource Planners to staff BPP outreach activity where required.
- Develop relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Act as a BPP brand ambassador modelling our values.
- Organise outreach activities with schools and colleges to develop programmes with law firms
Department Law School - Business Development
Vacancy location UK, Midlands, Birmingham
- A relevant degree
- Events management and administration experience or a background in graduate professional recruitment
- Experience of fee earning within the legal sector and familiarity with the requirements of that sector when selecting their graduate talent
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience of delivering training and of managing budgets
- Experience of performance managing a team
- Experience of managing projects through to successful completion
- Supportive, motivating and willing to take on new initiatives
- A can-do attitude with a flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, networking and influencing skills.
- Ability to plan and supervise workloads to ensure that targets are met in the most efficient way possible without sacrificing quality of output.
- Close attention to detail
- Able to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Strong Excel, IT and data analysis skills
- An understanding of appropriate social media use for promotion of events
- First degree in law or Events Management Experience of working with and/or advising graduates
- Experience of online events platforms
Contract Hours 37.50