Strategic Relations Manager
- Opportunity to take primary responsibility for the coordination relating to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music Strategic Plan
- Located at Sydney Conservatorium of Music in Sydney CBD
- Full time continuing HEO 8 offering a base salary of $109K p.a., and generous employer's contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
The Strategic Relations Manager will take primary responsibility for the coordination of SCM strategic planning including the following objectives:
- creating strategic alliances with Asia;
- contributing to local, national and global peak body discussion on music performance, education and creation; musical advocacy;
- fostering interactions with local and national arts communities and organisations;
- promoting our vibrant musical hub within the broader Australian society;
- fostering an outward-facing mentality in relation to musical presentations and research, including performances, commissions and presentations in major Australian arts events and colloquia.
The position will focus on strengthening the quality and effectiveness of the Sydney Conservatorium of Music's external relations, focusing on the development of its brand as aligned to the University of Sydney brand.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Strategic Relations Manager who possesses:
- a demonstrated understanding of different musical genres and high level of musical knowledge
- ability to develop and implement strategies and tactics to establish and manage external relationships including contemporary media skills
- ability to form and manage strong personal relationships and articulate the values and priorities of a diverse, research-based faculty
- excellent project management skills and the ability to work to deadlines across a number of projects simultaneously
- high level editing and media engagement skills
- outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak effectively in front of diverse audiences
- strong leadership and proven facilitation skills with the ability to influence and collaborate across a broad spectrum of internal and external agencies including schools
- experience in a senior relationship management role, ideally in an arts-related industry
- experience working in a complex multi-faceted organization
- passionate interest in music or a cognate performing arts area based on experience.
To be considered for this role, please address below Selection Criteria in your Cover Letter and upload.
- Provide an example of how you have maintained and developed relationships with peak industry bodies or other external organisations/stakeholders
- Demonstrate your ability to develop and implement strategies within a collaborative environment and deliver initiatives on key projects.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Australian Temporary Residents may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rae Hao, Recruitment Consultant Recruitment Operations, Human Resources on 8627 0063 or by email
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website.
ttps://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Remote-Campuses/Strategic-Relations-Manager_0083125-2 on the University external careers site to apply.
Closing date: 11:30 pm 5 August 2021
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.