Research Assistant, Software Engineering
The team under the leadership of Principal Investigator Professor Dean Ho at the N.1 Institute for Health is currently looking for a fresh graduate to fill the position of a Software Engineer.
The N.1 Institute of Health (n1labs.org) strives to redefine the landscape of personalised (otherwise known as N-of-1) treatments through technological innovations such as CURATE.AI, an artificial intelligence platform developed and validated by Professor Dean Ho and collaborators that has successfully optimized existing therapies in fields like oncology and most recently infectious diseases. Through its involvement in various interventional studies that have successfully demonstrated life-saving outcomes, N.1 has been part of many multidisciplinary collaborations with experts both in the healthcare system and in industry. To date, the projects undertaken by the expanding team have stretched far beyond clinical studies and into fields such as digital therapeutics. Staying true to its objective, N.1 constantly seeks to be the first to deploy interventional, institute-driven technologies in human.
The successful candidate will be supporting the team members in developing new digital health technologies. The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- In a team setting, development and deployment of computer vision assessment of clinical samples
- In a team setting, development and deployment of the CURATE.AI platform into the hospital infrastructure.
Interested individuals should apply on NUS Job Portal with a letter of interest, CV and contact information of at least two referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Bachelors/Master degree in computer science/computer engineering or related fields.
- Any prior research experience in the fields of engineering, cognitive science or computer science will be preferred.
- Proficient programming skills in Python, familiar with computer vision concepts.
- Experience with computer vision or image processing libraries such as OpenCV/scikit-image.
- Experience with machine learning libraries such as Tensorflow/Pytorch.
- Interest in machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Life Sciences Institute
Department : Research & Programmes
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7083