Special Scientist, Ethical, Legal And Social Issues Officer
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN BIOBANKING AND BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH
VACANT POSITION FOR A SPECIAL SCIENTIST– ETHICAL, LEGAL AND SOCIAL ISSUES (ELSI) OFFICER
Title: Special Scientist - ELSI Officer
Number of positions: One (1)
Category: Contract for 2 years, with potential for renewal
Place of employment: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The biobank.cy Center of Excellence in Biobanking and Biomedical Research of the University of Cyprus, has one opening for a Special Scientist funded by the research program: Biobanking and the Cyprus Human Genome Project (CY-Biobank), which is co-funded by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus, and the University of Cyprus.
- Lawyer with experience in the medical research field responsible for the management of ethical, legal, and societal issues (ELSI) arising from research program activities related to personal data protection, and ELSI implications.
- Support with ethics review applications to the Cyprus National Bioethics Committee (CNBC).
- Set up processes for the management of ELSI related activities.
- Liaise with the internal and external ethics advisory boards of the center.
- Negotiate and execute Material/Data Transfer Agreements.
- Responsible for legal issues of collaborations with national or international parties.
- Work closely with the Data Protection Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in law from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree will be considered an advantage.
- 3-5 years' experience in a relevant role.
Terms of employment
The position will be for full-time employment (preferably) or part-time basis with a 2-year contract, and potential for renewal. The monthly gross salary will be commensurate to qualifications and previous experience and ranges between €1700 and €2500. There is no provision for a 13th salary.
Submission of applications:
- A letter expressing interest to the position with a brief description of qualifications (1 page).
- A brief curriculum vitae with description of previous experience (2 pages).
- Contact details for at least two people qualified to provide recommendation for the candidate.
- Certificates attesting to the good knowledge of the Greek and English language, unless this is attested by the mother tongue of the candidate, or he/she is a graduate of a Greek/English school/University.
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The application material should be sent electronically as one single pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest until September 15th, 2021.
For more information the candidates may contact the Coordinator of the project, Prof. Constantinos Deltas Tel.: 22-892882 or Email: Deltas@ucy.ac.cy