Associate Professor of Nursing
- Full time, ongoing position
- Based in Burnie, Tasmania
- Fractional appointment considered for clinicians or clinical educators
- Opportunity to combine academic leadership, mentoring, community engagement and health system impact
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to advance their career as an Associate Professor of Nursing in the School of Nursing, part of the College of Health and Medicine.
The role will lead postgraduate and undergraduate nursing at the Cradle Coast campus (Burnie, Northwest Tasmania), focussing on the delivery of the new undergraduate Bachelor of Nursing designed to educate a new generation of agile health professionals and researchers with capability in leadership and future-focused health care.
Providing on campus academic leadership, across learning and teaching, the Associate Professor will focus on student success and experience, transformational partnerships, and community engagement. They will provide leadership in partnering with local healthcare providers and the community, creating a dynamic, innovative environment for all to thrive in.
- Contribute in a substantial and sustained way to the University and College by achieving strategic objectives and fulfilling operational responsibilities.
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of transformative partnerships.
- Provide academic leadership to ensure a high-quality student experience, supporting positive culture for all staff.
- Deliver high quality teaching across the curricula, curriculum development, course and unit coordination, and accreditation compliance with accountability for campus learning and teaching performance.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Leadership capability in nursing curriculum development, course and unit coordination, assessment and supporting a high-quality student experience.
- A strong record in team building, mentoring, and creating effective working relationships.
- Record of contributing to building and maintaining transformative partnerships.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications at master level or above in nursing or health-related discipline
- Registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $184,454 comprising base salary within the range of $145,389 to $157,653 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Sonjĵ Hall, Head of School of Nursing, Sonj.Hall@utas.edu.au or call Belinda Lynch EA on 03 6324 3056
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 9 August 2021, 11:55 pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.