UPO Business Partner
- Be part of a team collaborating with many areas across the university
- Continuing Position
- $127,781 - $135,589 + 17% Super
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re Australia’s number one university for impact and among the nation’s Top 20 employers. And it’s why we come to campus each day.
If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why your role matters
This role is one of advice and facilitation, acting as the main conduit between the UPO and its customers. You will be focussed on ensuring strong communication and engagement through relationship development and management across the UNSW Portfolio Sponsors and other UNSW Stakeholders to deliver high levels of customer experience and add value.
Reporting to the UPO Director, you will be responsible for supporting UNSW’s Divisions and Faculties to develop and manage an optimised set of strategic initiatives, ensuring investment decisions lead to the fulfilment of strategic objectives through the delivery of programs and projects. The role is crucial for creating and maintaining focus and momentum and for enabling the realisation of projected benefits.
Other key responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Strategy 2025 Finance team to ensure that the Sponsor’s Strategic Portfolio is financially sustainable and that approved budgets are accurately reported, forecasts are robust and variances are explained.
- Build strong and trusted relationships across UNSW with internal and external stakeholders to identify, prioritise and build cases to support strategic initiatives.
- Provide high level advice to Divisions and Faculties on how to initiate and deliver strategic programs.
- Support key stakeholders in Divisions and Faculties to understand and pragmatically apply the UPO’s processes and frameworks.
- Participate fully within Business Partner Teams of Divisions and Faculties overseeing the delivery of UNSW’s strategic programs.
- Attend and make valuable contribution at relevant strategic program and project boards.
- Build trusted and collaborative relationships within the UPO to ensure information and knowledge is shared openly and consistently and service delivery is managed and communication well between groups.
- Support key stakeholders to develop robust Viability Papers, Business Cases, Change Requests and Stage Gates and provide high quality advice and recommendations regarding the Strategic Portfolio throughout the program and project lifecycle.
Who you are
- A relevant tertiary qualification with experience in business partnering /stakeholder management/financial management with substantial experience in financial planning analysis and management reporting or a level of industry experience gained through any combination of education, training and experience, preferably within Higher Education.
- Significant financial management skills and expertise in budget management, reporting and forecasting with an ability to clearly explain complicated financial concepts.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated customer centric approach and a proven ability to advocate, influence and negotiate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders, including senior executives.
- Proven experience in providing high quality, consistent, comprehensive, unbiased review of investment proposals (e.g. business cases).
- Solution focused with a demonstrated ability to continually analyse, improve, problem solve, identify risks and respond flexibly to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic advice and operational support to Senior Executives and to influence, as appropriate, to ensure successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience with preparing papers and documents for executive committees and boards.
Please click Apply to submit your application online.
Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Please provide a cover letter addressing your suitability to the role.
A copy of the Position Description can be found here
Applications close: Sunday, 1st August, 2021 at 11:30 pm
Get in touch
t Acquisition Lead
Ph: 9065 7278
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.